Subject: Re: Amiga <-> NT Filesharing Success!
From: [email-masked]
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 1996 16:52:29 -0500

>>It would be considerably slower too!  The Amiga serial port tops out at 
>>about 32,150bps...ethernet has an overall network speed of about 
>>10,000,000bps!  
>>
>>As someone who struggled with a jury-rigged parnet and null-modem network 
>>for years, I can assure you that once you get a taste of a real ethernet 
>>network, you'll wonder how you ever got by without it before!
>
>Well, I have 2 PCs, that was my original idea.  The ports can go up to 115,200
>or so(that is what my comm program says while transfering files 

	Hmmmm, the PARnet dox strongly imply (actually, I think they just come 
out and SAY) that the Amiga serial port is MUCH faster than the lame <stock> PC 
serial port:  maybe the 32,150 is BYTES per second, while the PC 115,200 is BAUD 
(bits per second).

	Gear heads???

******************************************************************************
** [email-masked]                     |  Synergy Graphix & Animation   **
** Welcome to Seattle!  Have a latte'!     | Technical Subjects a Specialty!**
** Don't make me force it down your throat.|     "OK!  Wind the frog!"      **